Posted on April 2, 2018
Combining a modified Bitcoin Core infrastructure with an intercompatible version of the Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM), Qtum merges the reliability of Bitcoin’s unfailing blockchain with the endless possibilities provided by smart contracts.
Designed with stability, modularity and interoperability in mind, Qtum is the foremost toolkit for building trusted decentralized applications, suited for real-world, business oriented use cases. Its hybrid nature, in combination with a first-of-its-kind PoS consensus protocol, allow Qtum applications to be compatible with major blockchain ecosystems, while providing native support for mobile devices and IoT appliances.
– Uses the Ethereum Virtual Machine so Ethereum contracts can be run on Quantum with few adjustments
– Uses a PoS consensus protocol from the start, which is more scalable and cheaper than PoW
– Being a fork of Bitcoin, it will always be compatible with Bitcoin Improvement Proposals
– Using UTXO allows Qtum to use the SPV protocol, a method for verifying if particular transactions are included in a block without downloading the entire block.
– Smart contracts built on the UTXO model have limitations that they wouldn’t have on Ethereum’s account model
-China still has great influence over Qtum and the development of its ICO ecosystem. Regulatory uncertainty could hold back the rise of the platform and its underlying value.
The network is up and running.
Early 2018: x86 Virtual Machine Testnet
Late 2018: x86 Virtual Machine integration to the Mainnet
The Project has introduced a Decentralized Governance Protocol (DGP) that allows blockchain parameters to be modified quickly and seamlessly without ecosystem disruption. For the users, this means no new software would have to be downloaded, and no actions need to be taken from network stakeholders and node operators when DGP network upgrades occur.
Since it was creating by taking the best of Bitcoin and Ethereum, it has similarities to both of them.
Qtum has recently entered in partnership with Storm Video which is the YouTube of China with 250 mil users and with Baofeng who has over 200 mil users. They will also announce shortly a partnership with a company with over 1 billion users.
QTUM is mostly traded on Bithumb, Binance, Bittrex and Huobi.
Qtum is a blockchain layer.
Reddit: 9 839 subscribers
Twitter: 109k followers
Jan-11-2018: 39.01 USD
Dec-2017: 12.46 USD
Sept-2017: 17.25 USD
July-2017: 11.24 USD
P.S. Sign here for our daily publications!
This document is intended for informational purposes only. The views expressed in this document are not, and should not be construed as, investment advice or recommendations