Posted on April 1, 2018
Dragonchain was originally developed back in 2015, though at that time it was known as the Disney Private Blockchain Platform. In October 2016, it was released as open source software in October and in January 2017 the Dragonchain foundation was established to maintain the open source code.
Dragonchain provides a commercial platform for application developers to rapidly and securely deploy Blockchain applications while maintaining existing language development environments (e.g. Java, Python, Node, C#, Go). The Dragonchain architecture is also designed to allow nodes to handle approval of transactions based upon five levels of network consensus to provide a spectrum of trust to data consumers.
DRGN will be used by developers and organizations to interact with the Dragonchain commercial platform products and services (e.g. launch nodes, provision smart contracts, access incubator dashboard, etc.). DRGN will also be used to support projects in the DragonFund Incubator. They will provide early access to technology and data from the projects, as well as allow first access to purchase tokens for use on the developed platforms. For the Dragonchain Foundation, the maintainer of the Dragonchain open source code, DRGN will be used to reward and incentivize developers contributing to the open source project and related projects.
– Since Dragonchain is serverless, it has no scalability limits
– The Dragonchain blockchain can interact with other public blockchains
– Currency agnosticism
– Allows the creation of private and public blockchains
– Established language support for smart contracts (Java, Python, Node, C#, Go, etc.)
– Dragonchain is centralized since all the computations are made on AWS servers
The Dragonchain network is not up yet.
Q1 2018: Launch of the commercial serverless platform on Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Q2 2018: – Reference Proof-of-Work implementation
– Smart Contracts libarary
– Commercialized dashboard and marketplace
Q3 2018: Incubator program launch
Dragonchain has 5 levels of network consensus:
1. Business verification (approval): at the first level, business verification controls the approval of transactions based on localized business rules (trust basis). Since the data makes use of localized business rules, it is considered trusted by the owner and can integrate existing system capabilities, reducing the learning curve of blockchain applications.
2. Enterprise verification (validation): this level performs real-time governance, which is defined at enterprise level, in order to check the validity of blocks and transactions regardless of local business data.
3. Network diversity verification: this level provides control and measurement, as well as distributed security from attacks, by ensuring validations from level 2 are coming from a diverse set of sources.
4. External partner (notary): level 4 nodes are hosted by a trusted external partner which acts as a notary to cryptographically sign any level 3 verifications.
5. Public bridge: the final level bridges the enterprise blockchain with one or more public blockchains such as Bitcoin.
Dragonchain is similar to Aion, Ark and Polkadot since they all aim to connect different blockchains together. It is also similar to Lisk and Ardor since it allows people who are not well-versed in blockchain to create their own blockchain easily.
Dragonchain is in partnership with Cogint and AWS.
DRGN is traded on Kucoin and EtherDelta.
Dragonchain is a blockchain layer.
Reddit: 2 886 subscribers
Twitter: 52.6k followers
Jan-31-2018: 1.58 USD Dec-31-2017: 0.90 USD Dec-03-2017: 0.26 USD
P.S. Sign here for our daily publications!
This document is intended for informational purposes only. The views expressed in this document are not, and should not be construed as, investment advice or recommendations