Posted on April 2, 2018
ZRX is currently used to pay matching fees to relayers and it will be required to vote on the development of the 0x protocol once the governance system is put into place.
– There are already 14 DApps and 11 relayers announced as using the protocol today
– Decentralized exchange
– ZRX is very new-user friendly as it has absolutley no restrictions for adopters, they can basically use it for free as they like. (Fees, orderbook sharing, etc)
– Transactions are off-chain which helps relieve some pressure on the Ethereum blockchain
– There is no governance yet
– The 0x protocol only works with ERC20 tokens
– Relayers are incentivized to have as much ZRX as possible, which will make the governance less decentralized
The 0x network is up.
– Launch of a TCR (Token Curated Registry), a community managed on-chain registry
– Launch of the community Veto system, a system that allows upgrade proposals to be submitted by the 0x core team and vetoed by ZRX holders.
– Launch of their Liquid Democracy governance, where voters can delegate their votes
Decentralized governance is an ongoing focus of research; it will involve token voting with ZRX. Ultimately the solution will maximize security while also maximizing the protocol’s ability to absorb new innovations. Until the governance structure is formalized and encoded within 0x DAO, a multi-sig will be used as a placeholder.
The total supply of ZRX tokens is fixed and there is no continuous issuance model. Users that facilitate trading over 0x protocol by operating a Relayer earn transaction fees denominated in ZRX; as more trading activity is generated, more transaction fees are earned.
Other decentralized exchanges include Kyber and Airswap.
Partnered with many companies that are using its protocol including Augur and Maker.
ZRX is traded mostly on Binance, Bitfinex, Poloniex, Huobi and HitBTC.
A protocol layer built on top of the Ethereum blockchain.
Aug-16-2018: 0.71 USD
Jan-31-2018: 1.74 USD
Dec-2017: 0.12 USD
Sept-2017: 0.39 USD
Aug-16-2017: 0.11 USD
P.S. Sign here for our daily publications!
This document is intended for informational purposes only. The views expressed in this document are not, and should not be construed as, investment advice or recommendations